Author : Noriko Kudo 工藤ノリコ
Published : 2015
Personal recommendation : 3-5 years old
This is. Ms. Noriko Kudo’s popular “Wild Cat Squad” series. If you go to bookstore, the chances are you find this book series on the shelves. Apparently, this is one of the most popular book series today. That being said, this book is about Mischievous Wild-Cat Squad trying to steal some sushi from the restaurant somehow and trying to come up with some wacky ideas. That makes sense as Cat loves Fish & When you think of “Fish” in Japan, “Sushi” will come out to our mind.
- There is Conveyor-Belt Sushi restaurant owned by Dog by ocean side up in the hill. Wild-Cat Squad were checking inside the restaurant thru the window.
- In the restaurant, full of customer are seated and eating Sushi along the conveyor belt. “Meow, that Sushi looks awesome. It is rotating and everything. Meow, I wish I could have some”
- Late at night when nobody is around, the Wild Cat Squad bringing all the lumbers and hammers to that restaurant and stat doing DIY.
- They are trying to add one additional path with lumbers so that Sushi Plates on the conveyor belt can be digressed. Squad made long slide-like path from restaurant to the lower hill side.
- Next morning, Dog the Sushi Shop Owner start making the sushi to prepare for store opening. Without him knowing, all those plates are being digressed to the lumber path Squad made.
- In the lower hill side, Squad are waiting for Sushi to come, but all they saw were empty plates without Sushi.
- Apparently, the lumber path runs along with the camping site and all those campers were eating this “Free-Ride” Sushi.
- Squad said “That didn’t go well and we missed eating Sushi. This time, why don’t we dig the big hole and using the same lumber-slide technique, we wait in the bottom of hole where nobody but us is around?”
- Late at night, Squad again brough all the lumber and start digging the hole with Pickaxe. One of the Wild Cat Squad hit something hard and the pickaxe got stuck. Then, they started hearing some cracking noise.
- Didn’t we just hit the water pipe? Shoot, The crack is getting bigger. Let’s get out of here!”
- BABOOOON!!! The water came out like gigantic water fountain, and it washed away entire fishes in the tank. “NOOO, the ingredient of Sushi are gone!” says Squad.
- Dog the Sushi Shop owner made the squad lined up in front of him and giving a hard lesson. “Did you all think it is funny to break the water pipe in the middle of night?” “No, sir” says Squad. “So you all think you did something bad, right?” “Yes Sir!” “Ok young guys, I have some task/assignment for you all now.
- It turns out that, now that Dog’s original Sushi restaurant are being washed away, Dog decided to open temporal Sushi Shop by the ocean, where Squad can hunt/catch the fresh fish for Sushi
- With Squad help, all the customer at this temporal Sushi shop seemed happily satisfied. Squad goes “OK, our task is done here. Have a great day! Meow!” Dog the Sushi Shop owner said “Hold on. You still have job to do”
- (Last page – The illustration of Squad building/painting the original Sushi Shop on the hill is shown)
I have reviewed this author’s other book previously, but her book usually is “animation-ready” material and I can imagine the short animation can be easily made from these picturebook series. (Simply because the storyline is brilliantly fun and the illustration is very cute as animation-ready level. I am quite excited how this book series will turn into in the near future.
You can purchase this book here. 広告はこちら
#Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #ehon #Childrens #Children #Childrensbook #Japanesebook #Japanesebooks #Book #Books #Review #Bookreview #Picturebooks #Picturebook #giftidea #giftideas #絵本 #ノラネコぐんだん #おすしやさん #ノラネコぐんだんおすしやさん #NoranekoGundan #NorikoKudo #KudoNoriko #工藤ノリコ #Children’s #Children’sbook#Children’sbooks #えほん #Sushi #すし