Author : Kaori Tajima 田島かおり
Published : 2018
Personal Recommendation : 3-5 years and older
Kids are genius when it comes to turning everything into fun things/play. This also applies to two little white rabbit sisters in the town. They came out to Town for mailing the letter to their grandma and were supposed to go back straight home. But they made a bit detour and younger sister came up with one rule to go back to their house. So what did they set as a rule for their way back home? Let’s find out!
- White Rabbit (Shiro-Usa) and her big sister went to the town to post the letter to their grandma, and decided to go home.
- Many acquaintances in town talk to them saying “Wow, you two came alone in town! How brave and awesome!” But Shiro-Usa was shy and tends to hide behind her sister’s back every time they were talked to
- Her sister got a bit irritated and said to Shiro-Usa that she should stay away from her back. Shiro-Usa looked around for some other place to hide.
- Shiro-Usa found big ice-cream board in front of ice-cream shop and hid behind that board. Shiro-Usa realized the shadow of board on the ground is also shaped like Ice-cream.
- She noticed that there are various shapes of shadow on the ground and thought it would be fun to do shadow-hopping.
- “Wait!” said her sister and followed Shiro-Usa to the play park, where there are many playset which each playset has unique shadow like jungle gym and overhead ladder. “Look! I can climb the overhead ladder shadow on the ground!” said Shiro-Usa, crawling on the ground.
- Her sister realized their mom asked them to go back home as soon as posting is done and asked Shiro-Usa to go home soon. Shiro-Usa begged to play one more time with shadow. So she let Shiro-Usa slide the shadow-slide on the ground.
- Getting out of part, Shiro-Usa realized there is no objects/buildings around and no shadow is showing up. “Oh no, I need to keep hopping only on shadow spots..”
- “BAAA” suddenly, Mr. Sheep on the bicycle came out and Shiro-Usa asked Mr. Sheep “Can we get a ride?” Mr. Sheep said, “No, we have some packages etc loaded on this bicycle and cannot accommodate any other passengers.
- Shiro-Usa’s sister said “No no. What she meant was “Can we hide on the shadow of bicycle as you move forward?” “Oh, that. Yes, you two can” said Mr. Sheep.
- As they got closer to their house, at the last corner, they saw the tree-lined road. “Yes, we are almost there! “ Two girls are hopping striped-shadow of tree-line on the ground, one from another. And jumped to their mom for big hug saying “Mom, we are home!”
This book (story/illustration) was done by Author Ms. Tajima. The touch of her illustration work is very gentle and my daughter loved it a lot. As for storyline, Mr. Tajima well caught kids’ talent of “gamification of everything” and it did actually reminded me of my childhood as well. I have done similar “shadow-hopping” as well as “kicking the same stone (like soccer-dribbling) until I get home from elementary school etc. When did I forget about such “always have fun” mind? I should not be shadow-hopping any more as an adult, but all the adults needs to revive their Childhood’s mind to make our daily life more enjoyable! 😊
You can purchase this book here. 広告はこちら
#Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #ehon #Childrens #Children #Childrensbook #Japanesebook #Japanesebooks #Book #Books #Review #Bookreview #Picturebooks #Picturebook #giftidea #giftideas #絵本 #しろうさちゃんとおねえちゃんのかえりみち #しろうさちゃん #KaoriTajima #TajimaKaori #田島かおり#Children’s #Children’sbook #Children’sbooks #えほん #ポプラ社