Author : Keiko Shibata 柴田ケイコ
Published : 2019
Personal recommendation : 3-5 years old
If you have been following my blog, you know enough that my kids love this Author Ms. Keiko Shibata’s White Bear Series! 😊 To those who don’t know about this series, let me explain here.
This is one of recent popular Children Book’s Author Ms. Noriko Kudo’s Polar Bear Series. It usually has title of “XYZ Shirokuma (white-bear)”. It is titled “Oyasai Shirokuma” and its direct translation being “Vegetable White Bear”. This book’s story line usually is based on a white bear that loves certain food and day-dreaming “What if I am inside this food” type of situation. This time, he is contemplating about being surrounded by all his favorite vegetables! You can find other books by Ms. Keiko Shibata in my previous review. (#1 and #2 and #3)
In each page, illustration of each vegetable and happily surrounded white-bear inside is illustrated. 😊 Let’s check the story and find out which vegetable he get himself into !
- “I am Polar Bear and I love all the vegetable. I am often called “Greedy Hungry Polar bear” I don’t have anything which I hate to eat and I can eat pretty much anything”
- “One day, I thought how I would feel if I am surrounded by my favorite vegetable? Even imaging such makes me drooling!” (Illustration : White bear rubbing bowl of tomato while drooling)
- [Tomato] : Shiny and Round Tomato. I just love fresh tomato. It would be very cold inside the tomato if I get myself into!”
- [Cabbage] : I am the core of Cabbage, surrounded by all the cabbage leaves. Feel like I became rolled-cabbage dish. Cross-section of Cabbage is so unique and fascinating!
- [Pumpkin] : Sweet and Hot Pumpkin, all the seeds stuffed inside and it is pretty jammed here inside! Which Pumpkin Dish is your favorite?
- [Beans] “Among all the beans, I love fava/broad beans. If I get myself inside those beans, I feel I am in the bed with blanket. Let me take a nap here. Good night!”
- [Potato] “Curry, French Fry, Baked Potato with butter. You can use potato in many meals. Did you know potato grown inside the ground/soil?
- [Green Pepper] Hey, we are not “Stuffed meat in the green pepper”but “stuffed white bears in the green pepper”. I am with my sister here but who would YOU like to go stuffed inside the green pepper with?
- [Corn] “Once I became Corn myself, I now have cool yellow hair! “
- [Bitter Gourd] “Very bitter and this is something I don’t love. But it is known to be nutritious. My mom and dad loves this bitter gourd. Let me try to have a bite here”
- [Celery] “ You can eat as-is, or eat with salad bowl. My favorite is to dip inside the mayonnaise!”
- [Lotus root] “There are so many holes in the lotus root. My entire family members can fit in each hole!”
- [Okra] Slimy and STICKY! If you cut Okra, it would get much stickier. Its stickiness is actually dragging me upward!”
- [Radish] I am being a Radish in the ground. Nice and cool here. Did you know the leaf of radish is getting all the sunshine and thus nutritious?
- [Watermelon] When it comes to Summer, we should talk about this watermelon. Since it is sweet, I thought this is fruit but some say it is vegetable! Did you know that?
- “By imagining all of above is simply fun but at the same time, it makes me hungary” says White bear. His mother’s voice coming from the distance. “Your lunch is ready!” says Mom.
- “Wow, it is mom’s special “Vegetable soup and Salad Bowl! Wait, look. There is the bread floating on the soup, which looks exactly like me!”
One of the headaches for Parents is how to make kids eat vegetables. Luckily, my kids can eat any vegetables but if they would not eat, I would have probably used this book. Since all the illustration is visibly very funny, (I mean, imagine white beat stuck in veggies! 😊 ), I would probably say something like “Let’s take a bite for all the vegetables and see if you can find white bears inside the veggies, shall we?” Well, it may or may not work, but if it does work indeed, please send me DM and let me know! It would probably make my day!
You can purchase this book here. 広告はこちら
#Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #ehon #Childrens #Children #Childrensbook #Japanesebook #Japanesebooks #Book #Books #Review #Bookreview #Picturebooks #Picturebook #giftidea #giftideas #絵本 #おやさいろくま #OyasaiShirokuma #KeikoShibata #ShibataKeiko #柴田ケイコ #Children’s #Children’sbook #Children’sbooks #えほん #PHP研究所