Author : junaida
Published : 2021
Personal Recommendation : 3-5 years old and older
Today, I would like to continue to review the selection from 2021 Book-Store’s Pick of Children’s book ranking. (See my previous review for another pick) As it has been ranked highly in this award, I was sure of its great contents. 😊 It turns out the story is quite deep and makes the readers think “What are the definition of Friends?”, “Where the feeling of loneliness comes from?” etc. In addition. I actually loved the illustration a lot. I believe this is short-film-to-be quality (both art and storyline). Let’s take a look at storyline then!
- There is a Titan living on top of big mountain. He is all alone. No friend, No family. He has been sadly living alone for long time. He was daydreaming everyday how awesome to have a company whom he can talk to or eat meals together.
- One night, Titan cannot stand it anymore and he came down to the small Town/village from mountain and picked one house up and brought back to his place.
- In the morning, Titan talked to the family in that house “Let’s live together here. I will provide whatever you need for your comfortable stay here” The father of family says “We are lonely here without anybody from that town. Can you bring my relatives to this place?”
- On that night, Titan came down to the village again and picked up that family’s relatives’ house.
- In the morning, Titan talked to this relative family “Let’s live together here. I will provide whatever you need for your comfortable stay here” The grandma of this family says “We are still lonely here without my friends from that town. Can you bring my friends to this place?”
- On that night, Titan came down to the town again and picked up grandma’s friend’s house.
- In the morning, Titan talked to this grandma’s friend “Let’s live together here. I will provide whatever you need for your comfortable stay here” The lady says “It isn’t convenience here as there is nothing but us. Can you bring stores/shops from village to this place?”
- On that night, Titan came down to the town again and picked up entire shops/stores to the mountain.
- Continuing this town-pickup activity for several days, Titan eventually brought almost all the house to the mountain. Those who are on the mountain now are quite happily living in the mountain.
- As Titan wished earlier, Titan now is surrounded by all the people. But Titan’s feeling wasn’t still so clear and is still feeling lonely.
- One day, he came down from mountain to the empty town and found one tiny house. In that house, a boy who had not been asked to be picked up by anybody lives alone.
- This boy and Titan have become friends and happily live together for long time.
I believe the important message of this books is “You become friend with somebody who has something in common”, “We cannot force anybody to become friends”, “Your emptiness in mind cannot be resolved with quick fix approach. You need to find something who truly means something to resolve. Quick-n-dirty approach makes things worse and feel emptier” Overall, it was a great book and highly recommended. Got me interested and thus I would like to review some other book by this author soon! 😊
You can purchase this book here. 広告はこちら
#Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #ehon #Childrens #Children #Childrensbook #Japanesebook #Japanesebooks #Book #Books #Review #Bookreview #Picturebooks #Picturebook #giftidea #giftideas #絵本 #街どろぼう #TownBurglar #Machidorobou #junaida #Children’s #Children’sbook #Children’sbooks#えほん #福音館