Text ; Kayo Mabe 間部香代
Illustration : Saeko Hirokawa ひろかわさえこ
Published : 2019
Personal recommendation : 0-3 years old
One of the tasks all the kids should carry out daily is to “sleep well”! Having kids myself, hardest thing is to get kids to sleep and once they fall asleep, they seem to literary sleep forever. (Kudos to the person who comes up with the expression “Sleeping like a baby”. 😊) Such Happy moment continues until baby has a nightmare and wakes up start crying. There are some maneuvers to calm them down when it happens, such as tapping their shoulder/chest/belly to get to sleep again. But one of the things is to let them hold/touch something fluffy like stuffed animals. But what if Kids come up with better way themselves and start making their own fluffy thingy?
Storyline is as follows.
- One night, Mole had a nightmare. Looking sad, His friends asked the mole what has happened to him. Mole confessed that he had a nightmare. “Oh no, that is too bad” said his friends. “I would rather want to have a good dream while I sleep” says Mole.
- His friends brainstormed for the solutions. Froggy ; “Why don’t we sleep all together?”. Piggy ; “Why don’t we sleep in bigger bed?” Squirrel and Mole said “We don’t have such big bed” Then, somebody in the group said “Why don’t we make one ourselves?”
- Mole bringing the cloth, Piggy bringing bag of cottons, Squirrel bringing Scissors and Froggy brough string and needles.
- “Let’s get to it!” Piggy using scissors “I cannot cut the cloth straight.” Mole responded “No, you are doing great.” Squirrels struggling the needles with string “I cannot stitch straight” Froggy says “No. You are doing just fine”
- Piggy/Squirrel/Mole stuffing cotton into the half-stitched bedding cloth. Now’s Froggy’s turn to stick up completely.
- “We made it!” “So fluffy!” “It is like a crowd in the sky” “I am getting sleepy lying on this bed already” everyone was very happy on the bed.
- “Wait, something isn’t right” They looked down thru their bed and realized its bed (mattress) they made was floating in the sky.
- Way up in the sky, they enjoyed great view from mile high, saying “This is awesome. This feels Great!”
- “Watch out, Mole” Froggy said. Mole accidently slipped off from the mattress and fell from sky.
- Just like Flying Carpet from Aladdin, Piggy and other friends maneuvered to turn the flying direction in the sky and nicely caught the Mole.
- “Nice Catch!” Piggy was so happy that Mole did not get hurt nor injured bit. Froggy and Squirrel said “It is good thing that our mattress is very fluffy” “Yes, indeed”
- While getting sleepy and dozing off, their hand-made mattress has been landed on the ground. They are mumbled and talked in t sleep “So…Fluffy…” “So…Dreaming…”All the mommies of each has gathered around the bed and happily looking at their kid sleeping in their fluffy hand-made bed.
I believe everybody had a memory of their bed, how soft/firm mattress is, how fluffy their pillow is, how the texture of pillow cover is, and how warm the blanket is. By reading this book for my kids, I had some flashback memory of such feeling from my childhood and makes me happy yet nostalgic at the same time. This book is written by the same authors’ which I reviewed previously, and all the kids would love this touch of illustration, along with peaceful story to enjoy. Great book for younger age.
You can purchase this book here. 広告はこちら
#Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #Review #Picturebook #絵本 #えほん #ehon #Childrensbooks #Japanesebooks #Bookreview #Picturebooks #だいすきだよ #Fluffy #Daisukidayo #KayoMabe #間部香代 #SaekoHirokawa #ひろかわさえこ #MabeKayo #HirokawaSaeko #Childrens #Children #Childrensbook #Japanesebook #Book #Books #Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #Review #Picturebook #giftidea #giftideas #Picturebook #Children’s #Children’sbook #Children’sbooks