Author : Hiroyuki Arai 新井洋行
Published : 2019
Personal Recommendation : 3-5 years old
When you think of Japanese food, what would you think of in the first place? Sushi? Tempura? Ramen noodles? If your answer is “That should be Rice Bowl!”, you would have probably lived in Japan or living in Japan. We actually have bunch of difference “Rice Bowl” meals and that is usually our standard food to eat at home or restaurant as Japanese people’s daily life. This book is purely focusing on all those Rice Bowl meals and will be a good eating-habit intro for people outside of Japan. Let’s check out the book storyline based on Mr. Rice Bowl (Character of Rice in the bowl)
- “DONBURIN” (=nickname for Bowl = “DONBURI どんぶり” ) met Beef and Onions and Red Ginger pickles on Monday.
- Cutting Meat and Onions and put the sauce in the pan, put those over rice and place pickles on top. Tada-! “Beef over rice” is ready!
- On Tuesday, DONBURIN met Chicken, Egg and Japanese parsley.
- Cutting the chicken and parsley with knife, while breaking eggs and stir well. Put onions and chicken in the pan with sauce, lastly put eggs to make scrambled egg-like in the pan and put everything over rice, parsley on top. Tada-! “Chicke-Egg Over Rice” is ready!
- On Wed, DONBURIN met Pork, Onion, Egg and Bread crumbs (Panko)
- Break Egg, stir well, put the pork inside the egg and put Panko afterwards. And Port to get deep fried, cut in pieces, and put onions in the pan with sauce and stirred egg over the pan and put all those over rice. Tada-! “Port Cutlet over rice” is ready!
- On Thursday, DONBRIN met Eel and Japanese pepper.
- Cut the eel into half and charcoal gilled and put them over rice with sauce and sprinkle peppers. Tada-! “Eel over rice” is ready!
- On Friday, DONBURIN met shrimp, Eggplant, Green Pepper, Pumpkin, Flour, Potato starch and egg.
- Cut all the ingredients while missing egg/water/flour, and shrimp and veggies get dipped into egg/water/flour mix and deep-fried. Put them over rice. Tada-! “Tempura over”rice is ready!
- On Saturday, DONBURIN met many friends. Green Shiso, Sea Urchin, Scallop, Squid, Salmon roe, Shrimp and Rolled Egg. And more! Salmon, Tuna, Yellow Tail, Sea Bream etc.
- Slice all into pieces and put them over rice at once Tada-! “Sashimi Over Rice” is ready!
- On Sunday, DONBURI met somebody who looks like himself. “Hi, I am Miso Soup Bowl. Nice to meet you.” Miso Soup Bowl says “I like all kinds of different rice bow types of yours, but I really do like you as white rice bowl yourself, as-is!”
- That is right. If DONBURIN (rice in bowl) is with this Miso Soup, we are perfect combo and we don’t need anything else. Tada- “Simple Rice Bowl” is ready!
This book has two great points for kids. (1) Gives essence of recipe for each rice bowl meal. Although it is Children’s book and not recipe books, it is a lot simplified. But detail enough for kids to get interested in cooking. (2) Importance of Miso Soup. Miso Soup is actually ultimate power food for Japanese people. It has lots of veggies, fermented paste to condition your body, tofu provide fabulous protein and prevent from dehydration etc. It is amazing that we drink this every single day but never get tired of it. In fact, at the end of day, if we don’t have any main dish, it is still fine as long as we have miso soup! 😊 Well, this book has many insight for kids and very easy to follow in storyline. Great book for 3 years and older overall.
You can purchase this book here. 広告はこちら
#Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #ehon #Childrens #Children #Childrensbook #Japanesebook #Japanesebooks #Book #Books #Review #Bookreview #Picturebooks #Picturebook #giftidea #giftideas #絵本 #どんぶりん #RiceBowl #DONBURIN #どんぶり #HiroyukiArai #AraiHiroyuki #新井洋行#Children’s #Children’sbook #Children’sbooks #えほん #アリス館