Author : Noriko Kudo 工藤ノリコ
Published : 2019
Personal Recommendation : 3-5 years old and older
Since my last review was quite heavy and deeply insighted, I would like to pick something rather “easy-going” and our favorite “Wild Car Squad” Series is here for the rescue. 😊
I have reviewed a few other stories from this series earlier (#1, #2 and #3). This time, let’s take a look at different style then. Well, this book was intended for Japanese kids to lean English words through the Wild Cat Squad story. Text in this book is nothing but simple vocabulary (written both in Japanese/Hiragana and English) . But in other words, if you can read English, you can refer its corresponding Japanese word. Thus, this book can be used for Japanese learning purpose too. (Beginner level)
Vocabularies the reader can learn from this books is as follows
- Cat, Apples, One to Ten (count),
- The Sun, Morning, Walk, Good morning, Bees, Flowers,
- Ducks, River, Don’t touch, Fish, Boat
- Trees, Rocks, Sea, Sand, Stones,
- Rain, The waves, Dangerous, Thunder, Shark
- Squid, Big, Small, Bananas, Island
- Good-bye, Thank you very much, Shell, Eggs, Find
- Space, The earth, Stars, Starship, The moon,
- Explosion, Escape
- Clouds, Rainbow, Swallows, Sky, Hello.
- Hungry, Eat, It tastes good, Sunset, Glass
- Night, Good night, Sleep, The End.
As you can guess, there are 12 illustrations in this book which actually makes up smoothly flowing story. The each illustration shows as follows.
- 10 apples for 10 cats to share.
- Under the sun, Wild Cat Squad taking a walk together on the mountain field., holding apples in their hands
- They found Boat on the river, the sign says “Do not touch”
- Yet, they got on board anyway and sailing to the sea.
- Afterwards, the heavy strom hits Squad’s boat.
- Big Squid came out and picked up the boat with his tentacles and safely placed them on the island.
- While saying good bye to Squid, they found banana trees and starship on the island.
- They got on board and off to the moon from the earth.
- Starship exploded in the space and escape capsule was launched.
- Just like slope in the playground, Wild cat squad sliding down the rainbow in the sky and safely landed.
- In the evening, as they get hungry, they eat bananas they found from the island.
- Fully satisfied, Wild Cats squad sleeps under the moon, good night.
This book also comes with QR code, which leads to the website and you get to tap to listen Native English Speaker reading the entire book (or you can choose certain page by page for your preference) Leaning language cannot be done without fun, and in this sense, this book is great Intro Book for English (or Japanese) if you are big fan of this Wild Cat Squad characters.
You can purchase this book here. 広告はこちら
#Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #ehon #Childrens #Children #Childrensbook #Japanesebook #Japanesebooks #Book #Books #Review #Bookreview #Picturebooks #Picturebook #giftidea #giftideas #絵本 #ノラネコぐんだん #ふねにのる #ノラネコぐんだんふねにのる #NoranekoGundansgoingonboard #NoranekoGundan #NorikoKudo #KudoNoriko #工藤ノリコ #Children’s #Children’sbook #Children’sbooks#えほん #English #LearnEnglish #LearnJapanese #白泉社