Author : Yoko Imoto いもとようこ
Published : 2013
Personal Recommendation : 3-5 years old and older
No Children likes to get a shot with sharp needle at the hospital. In fact, some of them are frightened to even look at. If you have a child who hates taking a shot with sharp needle at hospital (or if you are the one who hate taking a shot yourself😊), this book will give the readers the courage to get up and go into the doctor’s room, sitting down in front of doctor, rolling up sleeves, and get ready to take a shot! Let’s take a look at storyline then!
- In Doctor Bear’s clinic, animal friends are lined up, seated in front of doctor’s room. Patients sitting (in order) are Little Bear, Alligator, Fox, Raccoon, Dog, Pig, Frog, Turtle and Rabbit. They are nervous and being very quiet.
- “Next please!” says the nurse. Little Bear going into the room slowly and everybody else are staring at the little Bear.
- Soon after, Little bear came out but with tears in his eyes. “Look! Even bear is crying. It must be very painful” Everybody is frightened.
- “Next, please” Alligator moving forward. Everybody is concerned as alligator tends to bite off anything in front of him, when stressed out and they worried that alligator might bite the doctor.
- “GYAAAAAAAAA!” loud scream came out from room. Everybody said it was Doctor’s voice but it turned out it was alligator’s scream upon looking at the needle. (Alligator did not even get a shot. 😊 )
- “Next please” Raccoon and Dog holding hands and going into room, as they are good buddies each other. Yet, in front of doctor, they put the arms around each other and try not to move and they didn’t even show their arms to refuse taking a shot. Doctor gave up finally.
- “Next Please” Dog quietly stood up and went into the room. No screaming was heard and everybody thought dog finally made it. But it turned out Dog peed pants as he got terrified.
- “Next Please” Piggy went into the room by covering his big nose with hands. Pig said to Doctor “I have runny nose and might have an allergy or something. I don’t feel like taking a shot today”
- “Next Please” Frog went in. But he ended up jumping around doctor in the room and no shot was taken.
- Next one is Turtle. He sat on the chair but soon he hides his head, legs, arms in his turtle shell.
- Next one is Rabbit. Rabbit’s hear is pounding. “Next please” Rabbit stood up and went in. Nurse put the sterilization with cotton over Rabbit’s arm.
- Doctor Bear looked at the rabbit and said “Oh what a cure Rabbit you are!” Rabbit was being shy with those compliments, her face is turning red. “All done!” said doctor. “What? Over now?” On the way home, Rabbit loudly say “Taking shot wasn’t painful at all!”
- Next day, Rabbit convinced other animal friends and dragged everybody back to the doctor’s clinic so that they can finally take a shot!
There are so many animals with different attitude in this book. The great thing about this book is each reader can relate to one of the animals, such as Attitude/reaction toward needle of the shot. It would be great if you read this book for your children by asking “which animal type is close to your type?”and “can you try to become Rabbit-type in this book, when you take a shot next time?” etc. This book is great tool to motivate your kids to go to clinic for treatment. I just hope none of your kids (or even yourself) is not “Dog” type in this book. 😊
#Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #ehon #Childrens #Children #Childrensbook #Japanesebook #Japanesebooks #Book #Books #Review #Bookreview #Picturebooks #Picturebook #giftidea #giftideas #絵本 #つぎはわたしのばん #YokoImoto #ImotoYoko #いもとようこ #Children’s #Children’sbook #Children’sbooks #えほん #金の星社