Author : Shinsuke Yoshitake ヨシタケシンスケ
Published : 2021
Personal Recommendation : 5 years and older
This is recently published Mr. Shinsuke Yoshitake’s book. As I have reviewed a few books of his previously (#1, #2, #3 and #4), he has been very popular author in Japanese Children’s books field today. I believe his talent is how to extract “what matters the most for Children” while Adults thinks it isn’t such important thing (or forget that it means something for kids, as we all went thru its phase while we are small anyway)
That being said, this book’s story is about Boy named AKIRA thinks growing up is highly related to the ability of “opening something”. So what did he learn (can or cannot open) and how his Dad think about AKIRA’s idea? Let’s find out!
- Akira goes “I am very upset and angry. I want to open and eat the tiny individual package of chocolate. Tried several times but could not open at all. So frustrating”
- That is because I am small and weak. So I gave the chocolate package to my mom and she opened it instantly. How I wish I could open anything easily like her. Although sometime mom struggling to open the tightly capped jar, when I become a bit bigger like tomorrow or day after tomorrow, I believe I can open anything.
- All the people in town can line up holding items to be opened and I can run down opening those one by one. It can be candy, bottle, can, milk carton, chips, mayonnaise, canned food, wine bottles, Pot, Wallet, even Travel suitcase!
- Mmm, I cannot wait to become grown-up. If I get older, I can open my own business “I-can-open-anything” store, so that I can help others opening all the stuff.
- I would open Vault for Vault’s owner to get the valuable back to him. I would open the lid of ditch/trench on the street so that I can pick up the fallen house key.
- I would remotely open the bag of theft so that he cannot take away with it. I would open/break the stone to find the dinosaur fossils. I would open the cage to free the animal at the circus. I would remotely open the fly of politicians in front of audience to embarrass him. 😊
- I would open the earth to see the cross section of Earth’s core from the space.
- But I just cannot do it yet now since I am still a kid. Mmm, I am getting thirsty. Let me ask Dad to open the bottle of juice for me. It is interesting how Dad looks happy whenever I ask him to open stuff.
- (AKIRA asked his Dad) Why do you like opening stuff for me? Dad says “Well, that means you need me and I am needed by you. Therefore, until you become grown-up, I will open tons of stuff for you, such as Potato Chips Bag or even Box of Birthday Cake.
- Opening Window in the cabin to let you see the awesome scenery from room would be awesome experience. But at the same time, I would like to teach you how to open stuff one by one so that I can help you to grow up”
- AKIRA said “OK. But I am still little and cannot open anything” Dad said, “Not necessarily. Here, hold this bag of snacks, pick one up and hold it still in front of my face” (AKIRA followed instructions)
- Then, Dad opened BIG mouth to eat the snack. AKIRA said “WOW! I COULD OPEN MY DAD!”
When Kids becomes 3 years old or older, they tend do say “Let me try. Let me do it. Me! Me! Me!” and some parents (including myself) would not let them try since they know it would be much faster for Parents to do it for kids, rather than letting the kids do. Yet, parents need to be patient and try to let kids figure out how to do and if kids ever had issue, then adult can step in to help, just like AKIRA’s Dad. This book tells us the importance of try-and-error and letting the kids have their parents are always there for support if ever troubled. Author beautifully include those lessons into the storyline in very cute yet somewhat funny way from Children’s own world perspective.
You can purchase this book here. 広告はこちら
#Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #ehon #Childrens #Children #Childrensbook #Japanesebook #Japanesebooks #Book #Books #Review #Bookreview #Picturebooks #Picturebook #giftidea #giftideas #絵本 #あきらがあけてあげるから#ShinsukeYoshitake #YoshitakeShinsuke #ヨシタケシンスケ #Children’s #Children’sbook #Children’sbooks #えほん #PHP研究所