Author : Noboru Baba 馬場のぼる
Published : 1996
Personal Recommendation : 3-5 years old and older
It is sometimes very difficult for small kids how to judge whether they had crossed line or not. They would say things that they did not truly mean to, and do all the things without thinking about all the consequences it would end up. If you are lucky, you would make it up with your friend afterward. If not, your old friend may become history. As this is Children’s book, it would end as happy ending. But I felt this story might be a good lesson-learning tool for small kids. If we can let them think “what would have happened if things did not work out well like the story in the book?” type of question. Well, let’s see what the story line is.
- Group of 11 Cats decided to go out for hunting as daily routine and found small dinosaur playing in the muddy pond. After playing, this dinosaur walked away.
- Next day, while 11 cats are on the hunt again, they have found small dinosaur (which they saw previous day) got stuck under the valley of cliff. Apparently, this dinosaur fell off from the cliff and had no way to climb back to where it was.
- 11 cats decided to get this dinosaur out and threw the rope to him. They asked dinosaur to warp the rope around his body and once it is done, 11 cats managed to pull this dinosaur out of the valley. Dinosaur wriggled his tail for good-bye.
- After some time passed by, grown-up dinosaur came back to 11 Cat’ house for surprise. Cats were happy to see their old friend and hop onto dinosaur’s back to play in the muddy pond. (But Cats did not like all their body got all muddy after play)
- One day, 11 cats did some fishing and preparing to preserve all the fishes they caught. All of sudden, Dinosaur dropped by and brought apple tree (w/ apples on the branches). Dinosaur says “These are for you guys”
- But Dinosaur picked up all the fishes and went on the way back to his place. Apparently, dinosaur meant for “exchange” but 11 cats weren’t aware.
- One day, 11 cats saw this dinosaur sleeping under the tree. 11 cats were still upset about the fishes he took away, and decided to give this dinosaur hard time. Thus, 11 cats made some trap where rocks can fell off from the trees and fell off onto sleeping dinosaur. Rocks fell off and dinosaur jumped for surprise and run away.
- Post on that day, dinosaur did not show up again. Feeling bad, 11 cats were wondering if they have done way too much to give him hard-time.
- After more time passed by, even bigger grown-up dinosaur showed up in front of 11 cats’ house. This time, dinosaur brought 3 kids dinosaurs.
- 11 cats rushed to this old friend and hopped onto his back just like old days. Dinosaur started walking toward the muddy pond to play. Although 11 cats got all muddy over their bodies, but this time, everybody in the pond had big smiles while playing.
This is another very popular story of Mr. Noboru Baba’s 11 cats series. I have reviewed Mr. Baba‘ｓ other stories earlier. (#1 and #2) This 11 cats series is quite classic yet very popular series even today. It is amazing how the author came up with such varieties of storyline. No wonder why this 11-cats characters are still loved by many fans even today!
You can purchase this book here. 広告はこちら
#Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #ehon #Childrens #Children #Childrensbook #Japanesebook #Japanesebooks #Book #Books #Review #Bookreview #Picturebooks #Picturebook #giftidea #giftideas #絵本 #11ぴきのねこ #11ぴきのねこどろんこ #NoboruBaba #BabaNoboru #馬場のぼる #11cats #こぐま社 #Children’s #Children’sbook #Children’sbooks #えほん #English