Author : モカ子 Mokako
Published : 2021
Personal recommendation : 3-5 years old and up
“If you have a kid or two in your family, can you imagine having 105 kids instead?” Well, this is quite unique book about a girl named “Rumba” who loves Chicks so much and she decided to raise 105 chicks as a mom. Before reading, I thought it was the story of Mom Hen who has 105 Chicks. But the tricky part is it was a girl (who wears Hen’s head-shaped cap) and she behave like Mom. I have not read this 1st series of this book yet, but the story set-up is as follows.
“Since Rumba loves Chicks so much, one day she got one gigantic egg and keep it warm somehow to hatch. 105 Chicks came out from that egg and Rumba became mother of 105 chicks since” : Wacky but interesting story huh? 😊
Here is the story line.
- One day, Rumba was letting 105 Chicks draw picture on papers by crayons/paints with brushes.
- Rumba realized chicks’ belly gets dirty due to painting. Rumba then decided to sew customized 105 aprons.
- She managed to make all 105 aprons, but by the time all those kids were not in the room any more.
- She looked everywhere in the house and could not find any.
- She realized 105 chicks were trying to play “Hide and Seek”outside with Rumba.
- Since all those chicks are yellow/round/small, each of them is quite well mixed with nature, like orange in orange tree, piles of vegetables etc.
- Rumba found many and put aprons to each chick. But she still has 10 of aprons left, meaning 10 chicks are missing. Rumba asked other chicks whereabout of those missing kids.
- Rumba finally found rest of 10 chicks inside big field of beautiful yellow rapeseed flowers.
- Now that Aprons are on, 105 chicks started painting again in their room and 105 chicks drew one gigantic field of beautiful yellow rapeseed flowers, which somewhat looks like one giant Chick shape. End of story.
There are so many “Number of Brothers/Sisters” Story for Children’s book. But I have not seen anything more than 100 and this book was the record for me. 😊 Amazingly, on the other side of back page, the author indeed drew 105 chicks with different shapes/expressions/posture. Though the storyline (or set-up) was quite unique but I love Author’s effort to entertain the readers to the end of book!
Though this is brand new book released this year. (2021), apparently there is Episode #1 of this book series which I have missed to read. Let me review for Episode #1 when I have a chance soon, as my kids seem to love this series!
You can purchase this book here. 広告はこちら
#Japanese #Japaneselanguage #Japan #ehon #Childrens #Children #Childrensbook #Japanesebook #Japanesebooks #Book #Books #Review #Bookreview #Picturebooks #Picturebook #giftidea #giftideas #絵本 #ルンバさんと105つごちゃん #ルンバさん #Rumba ＃モカ子 #Mokako #Children’s #Children’sbook #Children’sbooks #えほん